1st October 2019
An Invitation to Solace Members to NIHR Question Time – East Midlands
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) – the nation’s largest funder of health and care research – is keen to engage with people who live and/or work in the East Midlands to discuss the future of health and care research. This is why members of the NIHR Strategy Board will be hosting our first ever ‘Question Time’ event in the East Midlands on the afternoon of Thursday 14th November 2019. The venue will be Leicester College Court.
The event will be a panel of NIHR Strategy Board members, who will take questions from an invited audience of people based in the East Midlands who have an interest in research and the wider health and care agenda. Through the event, NIHR wants to get to a better understanding of what more we can all do to improve health, public health and social care research cultures and systems.
There will be an opportunity to submit questions in advance of the day through the registration process – these might be regional or national in scale, strategic or operational in nature – whatever is important to you.
To get you thinking, here are some of our current priorities that we are actively working on:
- Responding to disease burden and demographic pressures to produce the evidence that enables people to be born well, live well and die well
- Building research capacity and capability in underserved areas of greatest need, e.g. social care, public health, primary care and mental health
- Encouraging applied health research activity to follow patient need and attract the nation’s leading researchers
- Contributing to UK growth and increasing industry investment
- Advancing equality, diversity and inclusivity in the research workforce, research participants and those who shape the research agenda
- Developing simpler, faster and proportionate research funding systems
We will endeavour to answer all submitted questions, either on the day, or in writing, subsequently. If you are unable to attend in person, but have a question that you would like to submit, you have the opportunity to do so via the event registration form.
To register for this event and/or submit a question or topic for debate, click here.
This event is invitation only, but if you would like to nominate additional people please contact me by reply.